Pre-bleaching you will need:
- L'Oréal Elvive Full Resist Power Mask
Step 1. Nourish your locks
Bleaching can take its toll on the hair, making it more prone to split ends and breakages, so it’s important to ensure your hair is nourished and hydrated ahead of bleach application - there’s no such thing as too much TLC when it comes to hair care. In the week before you choose to bleach, try the L'Oréal Elvive Full Resist Power Mask , to leave the hair feeling nourished and strengthened.
- The Power Mask is a lightweight and silicone free formula, for a natural tough, enriched with Biotin, Vitamin B5 and Arginine.
*Before colouring hair, it is important to always perform a patch test 48 hours before, to ensure you do not suffer an allergic reaction to the product.
Time to bleach, you will need:
● Colorista Bleach Kit
● Plastic gloves
● An application brush
● Petroleum Jelly to prevent dye staining the skin
● A towel to protect your neck and shoulders
● A selection of plastic hair clips to section your hair
Section the hair and protect the skin
Once sectioned, apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly around the hairline and ears to ensure the skin is protected from staining.
Apply the bleach
Rinse and rise with the big hair energy
Aftercare, you will need:
● L’Oréal Elvive Colour Protect Purple Conditioner
In terms of aftercare, bleached hair requires a little more TLC to keep breakages, brassiness and split ends at bay. To keep hair looking nourished, bright and glossy, grab yourself a bottle of the L’Oréal Elvive Colour Protect Purple Shampoo and Conditioner. The purple formula neutralises unwanted brassy tones that can creep in from UV, pollution and heat damage in just one use. For best results, use once or twice a week and apply by massaging into hair and leaving for 1-3 minutes before rinsing well.