How to get the perfect beach waves
Is there anything more summery than tousled beach wave hair? The style – popular year in and year out – is the ultimate out-of-office look. It can be dressed up, adding an extra allure on a night out, or dressed down for a casual, cool chic. The best part is, you don’t need a stylist on-hand to help you create this gorgeous, beachy look for yourself. Regardless of whether you have short, medium or long hair, we’ve rounded up our best tips to help you achieve the beach hair of your dreams.
- Starts with a wash Begin by washing your hair with Elvive Extraordinary Oil Low Shampoo, which provides gentle care for your hair. Clean hair is key if you’re going to be layering on the styling products needed to create this look. In this instance, don’t apply conditioner. Your hair will need to be as light as possible so it doesn’t weigh down any curls you create.
- Towel dry Once your hair is washed, you’ll need to give it a quick towel dry. This step is important regardless of hair texture. You want to ensure that your hair is damp, rather than fully dry, and frizz-free so use a pat-and-scrunch drying method rather than a rubbing one.
- Apply product With damp, towel-dried hair, flip your head completely over and generously apply a salt spray like Stylista Beach Waves Mist. By flipping your head over, it’s much easier to ensure your ends are totally covered and your roots have been avoided. From here, you have a couple of different options.
For loose, natural waves, let your hair dry naturally. If, however, you’re ready for glamorous waves with full volume, you have a couple more steps to complete.
- Rough dry Lightly apply a heat protecting spray like Elnett Heat Protect Spray Waves. Using your favourite blow dryer on a high setting, begin to blow dry your hair. Run your fingers through your hair roughly to separate and give definition and volume. Using a brush will disrupt whatever definition you’ve already created, so always use your fingers.
- Boost your curl Turn on your curling tongs and section your hair as they heat. Once they’re hot, begin curling from the bottom by wrapping various-sized sections around the tongs, holding for 5-7 seconds each.
- Finish the look Once your entire head has cooled, you can leave your curls tight for a more event-ready, finished look or lightly run your fingers through them so they blend more seamlessly together. Either way, your go-to last step is a good hairspray like Elnett Glam Waves for maximum staying power.