If you have experienced any allergy irritation from your patch test 48 hours before colouring, do not use the box colour and consult your doctor. Always read the leaflet provided and follow the instructions for mixing and applying the colour.
Depending on the type of hair colour you have chosen and the desired outcome you are going for, how to apply your hair colour will be slightly different. However, the general rule of thumb for most hair dye applications are as follows:
1) Put on old clothes and cover shoulders with towel.
2) Brush and detangle hair with hairbrush.
3) Split hair into 4 sections and use hair clips to keep them in place (we recommend splitting your hair down the middle to the back and then dividing those two sections in two again).
4) Put on gloves
5) Mix the colour according to the instructions. Make sure your mix very well.
6) Start with 1 section and apply dye onto your hair.
- a. Section out smaller parts of your hair from one section and apply the dye to the roots.
- b. Massage dye at the roots and evenly distribute for consistent coverage.
- c. Once you have covered the roots, apply dye to the mid-lengths and the ends of that section.
- d. Massage dye thoroughly into hair for even coverage.
- e. Use a hair clip to clip away that section and repeat this process for the other sections.
7) Leave the formula in your hair and wait for the recommended time given in the instructions.
8) It’s time to rinse! Ensure you rinse all the hair dye out thoroughly until the water runs clear. Most at-home hair dye kits come with a dedicated shampoo and/or conditioner specifically made to look after your newly coloured hair. The Colorista Permanent Gel hair colour comes with an intense conditioning kit that you can use for up to 6 weeks to leave hair shinier and silky smooth.